Friday, September 26, 2008

Join the Party's Election

Statement by Dato’ Yap Pian Hon

In view of the current political development in Malaysia has created a much uncertainty situation, the future political movement of UMNO is of particularly great concerned. Thus, it is a great challenge for the new leadership of MCA to be formed in the forthcoming October 2008 party election.

The current adverse political scenario requires the new MCA leadership team to be more effective and resilience. Therefore, the line-up of a comprehensive representation from all levels including party veterans and new bloods in the new leadership team is much desired in order to lead MCA and Chinese community out of the political doldrums.

I had personally endured and experienced abundance of challenges in MCA; such wealth of accumulated political endurance only strengthen my self-confident, that is to say, irrespective of how rough the future political terrains would be, I would never abandon my commitment to the struggle of MCA.

Therefore, I offer myself as a candidate for the MCA’s Vice President in the forthcoming MCA election.

My past track records in MCA speak for itself, despite my endurance of being ostracised within MCA or under immense pressure from the threat of detention by ISA; I am still fully committed to the struggle MCA.

Be that as it may, I shall leave it to the MCA’s Central Delegates to pass their value judgment on my past records.

It is my strong belief that contesting any MCA party’s positions is not a platform for the sake of personal glory.

MCA’s party interest must be placed above personal interest. The voice of change from the MCA’s grassroots and the Chinese community is already reverberating in the light of the current political scenario.

The MCA’s grassroots and Chinese community wants MCA to practise genuine democracy. They yearned for their disillusionments to be heard and their problems to be solved. MCA must be willing to accommodate any or all dissenting voices.

Therefore, the new MCA leadership team must be more effective in the current challenging time to prevent and avoid any abuses of powers and positions.

MCA should also avoid at all costs in playing the sole role of “fire-fighters”. This seems to be one of the ways to regain and redeem the confidence of the Chinese Community.

In a nutshell, the forthcoming MCA election is a turning point for MCA future political survival. I, therefore urge all Central Delegates to elect a leadership that will rejuvenate MCA and committed in serving the people.

The setback of MCA in March 8, General Election is only transitory, a committed new leadership can revive MCA to its past glory.

I began my political journey in MCA from the party grassroots. Without any Government’s position or political baggage only strengthen my rapports with the grassroots.

I am now in a better position to fit in the gap of lacking grassroots representation in the leadership line-up.

I can vow that I understand the grassroots’ feeling, therefore, it is my fervent beliefs that I am in a better position to play a effective role in the new leadership team, particularly speak up for the grassroots, this is the paramount reason of me offering myself for the candidacy.

I reiterated that my participation in the forthcoming election is not to challenge anyone in particular or taking a confrontational stand against anyone. My sole intention is to assist and contribute to the process of rejuvenation of MCA and serve the people with all my heart and soul.

No comments: